Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Family Ties


Monday, February 9, 2009
Today I got to spend time with Matty...I mean Elder Andersen. I was glad to be with him. When we finished his errands I handed him off to Josh..I know that Elder Andersen was relieved. It must be a guy thing. Thanks Josh for taking him to Grandma and Grandpa's and all the other places that you visited so he could say goodbye.
We held a family home evening/going away party for Matt that evening. So many of his friends and family came. After pizza and cake we played "put the tie on the missionary". Each member of his family purchased a tie for him and also had come up with a page for a book we put together called "Family Ties"." Thanks Kristin for coming up with the poem. Thanks Bensons for being part of our extended family. I love each of you so much for the great support you are to Matt.

Elder Andersen with his buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment